Welcome to the Ajenti Idea Exchange. It's your chance to collaborate with our team and other users to influence the future of Ajenti! Ideas appreciated.

Not a bug

Deletes SSL on save

TheTechnoMan 9 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 9 years ago 1
Hello,

everytime i set the SSL cert/key path and then save it, ajenti will delete the folder with this certificates /etc/nginx/ssl. So i have to recreate it to get it working, but as soon as i change something for that wbesite it will delete it again.
Answer
/etc/nginx is automatically wiped & regenerated by Ajenti V when saving website configuration. Please store the certificates in a different directory.

Temperature Widget

Jack Rose 10 years ago 0
Noticed in the temperature widget that all sensor outputs are formatted in Celsius, even if the sensor is not a temperature one. For example I am seeing +2.9 C for a +5v sensor.

nGinx Root Setting

Sean McNamara 9 years ago updated 9 years ago 2

So I have a unique problem I haven't seemed to be able to find the answer to.. Building a project with symfony components so my code is in `/srv/example` however with the way things are setup I need the web root to be `/srv/example/www` I didn't think this would be any big deal however I can't seem to change the root using Ajenti at all! Here is its default config:

server { 
    listen *:80;
server_name example.com;
access_log /var/log/nginx/example.access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/example.error.log;
root /srv/example;
index index.html index.htm index.php;
location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {
fastcgi_index index.php;
include fcgi.conf;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/ajenti-v-php-fcgi-example-php-fcgi-0.sock;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
} }
Then the config when I add `root /srv/example/www/` to the `Custom Configuration` section of the websites settings:

server {  
    listen *:80;
server_name example.com;
access_log /var/log/nginx/example.access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/example.error.log;
root /srv/example;
index index.html index.htm index.php; root /srv/example/www;
location ~ [^/]\.php(/|$) {
fastcgi_index index.php;
include fcgi.conf;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/ajenti-v-php-fcgi-example-php-fcgi-0.sock;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
} }

This of course causes nginx to not be able to start as there are two root definitions. For the moment I've just edited the "DO NOT EDIT" file however I need a better solution to this, is there a way to get this setting to stick or perhaps a better file to put the settings into?

Note:

It has occurred to me that changing the root in the `Website Files` to `/srv/example/www` would change the setting however then I have the problem of the FTP accounts being limited to the `/srv/example/www` which isn't what I want!

Any ideas appreciated! :)

Not a bug

Nginx reverse proxy not working with IPv6

Karl Collins 10 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 10 years ago 2
Hi there! I wanted to test an Nginx reverse proxy configuration for Ajenti with IPv6, so I took the configuration from the documentation and changed it to IPv6 only:

server {
    server_name localhost;
    client_max_body_size 20m;

listen [::]:80 ipv6only=on;

location /ajenti {
        rewrite (/ajenti)$ / break;
        rewrite /ajenti/(.*) /$1 break;

proxy_pass https://127.0.0.1:8000;
        proxy_redirect / /ajenti/;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    }
}
Now I went to http://[fe80::20c:29ff:fe88:13a5]/ajenti/ (that is the IPv6 address of the virtual machine I tested this configuration in), entered root/admin and ... well ... I only get spinning wheels. I waited a couple of minutes before I gave up. The Firefox developer console says:
NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI:  resources.js:30
Unfortunately, resources.js consists of minified JavaScript code, so I could not debug this problem (or the allegedly malformed URL) any further.

Any suggestions? Unfortunately, I tried this because I wanted to retire all of my IPv4 services, so I hope that reverse proxying Ajenti with IPv6 is possible.
Answer
Looks like, unfortunately, Socket.IO (we use it) doesn't support IPv6 :(
https://github.com/LearnBoost/socket.io-client/issues/260
Answered

Samba 4

danielvpb@gmail com 11 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 11 years ago 0

The ajenti supports Samba 4?

Answer

Yes, you should be able to configure Samba 4

Answered

Centos repos down ?

Thomas 11 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 11 years ago 5
Hello,

First time user of ajenti, I tried to installed the RPM but it seems the repo URL is empty (404)

Thomas.

Answer

Hi Thomas!

Please let me know which CentOS release you're using, and which URL yum is trying to access.

Answered

Ajenti V new websites default permissions

Thibaut 10 years ago updated by Shabab Farhat 9 years ago 11
Hi,

Is it possible to configure Ajenti V so it sets permissions for new websites directories to a user different than root?

As a security measure, we don't use the root account and we use other account for SSH (and so for SFTP). It would be great to be able to edit files in our SFTP client without needing the root account.
Answer
If you use the "Create root" button in the UI, it will be chown-ed to www-data:www-data automatically.
Fixed

firewall custom

fimdomeio 11 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 11 years ago 1

when adding a custom option to a firewall rule the name and value input boxes are not selectable.

Answer

Please let us know what browser are you using.

Answered

Is a fresh installation needed?

MatthijsG 11 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 11 years ago 0

As said ;-) I configured my VPS and now i want to add a ControlPanel .. is that possible or do i need to start over? 

Answer

No, installing Ajenti will not change your existing configuration.

Fixed

Error link on page Ajenti-V

SD-design 9 years ago updated by Eugene Pankov (Project coordinator) 9 years ago 1
Hyperlink for download on Ubuntu directs to Debian page
Answer
Actually, Ubuntu and Debian installation procedure is exactly same for Ajenti V. I've updated the article title to reflect that.